Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Travel woes

Cavs blog by Bob Finnan

People constantly say, "You have a great job." The thing is, it's not always glamorous by any means.

How about when I don't get back to the hotel until 12:30 a.m., and I have a wake-up call at 4:30 a.m.? That's not exactly glamorous. That's called bleary-eyed. When I don't get my eight hours of sleep, I'm a bear. When I don't get my coffee in the morning, I'm a bear.

While flying home from Newark, N.J., on Saturday, I overslept. I was just getting out of the shower when the phone rang and my ride was already in the lobby waiting to leave for the airport. Not a good call to take first thing in the morning.

We finally made it to the airport, but I was one of the last people on the plane. All of the overhead room was long gone, so there was no room for my suitcase. That had to be checked.

While out on the tarmac, the pilot said about the worst thing that could be said: "We're 18th in line. It will only be a 'few' minutes."

We finally arrived in Cleveland, albeit about 20 minutes late. It certainly could have been worse, especially when we got to the airport and the person checking IDs stared at mine for about 5 minutes, constantly looking at my driver's license and my face to make sure it was me. It slowed down the process several minutes.

This was just a slice of my "exciting" life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home