Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Blockbuster deal

Cavs blog by Bob Finnan

It was an exciting day for the Cavaliers on Thursday. During the Indiana game on Wednesday, I was able to confirm the Mike Miller talks had broken down. He would have been a nice addition to the Cavs.

But after the game on Wednesday, there were some rumblings about a blockbuster. I didn't know the particulars, but there was a buzz.

A colleague of mine and myself sat in the Indianapolis airport on Thursday morning discussing possible deals. I was convinced the Cavs were going to do something. Now, I can't tell you I thought they'd trade six players and bring back Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, Wally Szczerbiak and Delonte West.

It was a bold move. These guys are going after it - this year. I do have a few reservations about the trade:
1. Wallace hasn't played at a high level this year, but maybe the trade will inspire him.
2. His free-throw shooting is so bad, it's hard to play him in the fourth quarter of close games.
3. Wally can't guard me. But he can shoot the lights out.
4. West is a good basketball player, but he's not a great point guard.
5. This trade has huge luxury-tax implications down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home