Blogs > Cleveland Cavaliers Blog

Find out the scoop on the CAVS from award-winning sports writer Bob Finnan.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Weighing in on All-Star snub

Cavs blog by Bob Finnan

It's hard to fathom that Cavaliers guard Mo Williams didn't make the All-Star Game. I had convinced myself that he would make it. I was absolutely convinced.

There are a couple things that bothered me about the Eastern Conference squad. I realize Devin Harris is a major talent and is having an outstanding year, but he's playing for a team that was 6 games under .500 at the beginning of the night.

The Cavs started the night with the best record in the league. Why did the East coaches disregard that fact?

I thought Magic guard Jameer Nelson deserved a spot on the team, but I take offense to forward Rashard Lewis making it over Williams.

He's a 3-point shooter who doesn't do much else.

The other reserve guard was Atlanta's Joe Johnson, an absolute lock to make the team.

I could tell that Williams was hurt by the snub. There was not much he could do about it. So, what did he do on Thursday? Have a horrible shooting night by making 4 of 15 shots en route to 12 points and three assists.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home